The Grahan trek starts from the bridge that separates Old Kasol and New Kasol. It follows the true left of Grahan Nallah (stream), the stream that is a highlight of the trek. The gradient on the trail is easy, and you trek up nestled in the beauty of nature beneath towering pine trees.
The hike also involves crossing a few wooden bridges, the second bridge marks the halfway point to Grahan. Halfway on the trek, you cross the Nallah over a bridge and hereafter the path is quite uphill. After a steep climb of about an hour, houses are visible, making you arrive in Grahan Village.
Quick Facts About Grahan Trek:
Grahan Trek distance: 18 km
Maximum Altitude: 7,700 Feet
Trekking gradient: Easy to moderate
Electricity: The availability of electricity in Grahan is limited.
ATM: There are only a couple of ATMs in the region, however, they are mostly non-operational. So carry sufficient cash with you.
Grahan Trek Inclusions:
Stay: Cottage Stay on double/triple sharing basis
Meals: Lunch, dinner on day 1, and breakfast on day 2
Activities: Trekking & Camping
How to Reach?
Kasol lies at a distance of 530 Km from Delhi and around 280 Km from Chandigarh. You can either reach by your own car or by using public transport such as train, bus or air. The best option to reach Kasol from Delhi is to catch the overnight Volvo. There are other private operators as well that run buses between Delhi and Kasol in the evening.
Day 1Trek to Grahan Village
• You would be arriving in Kasol on your own to get to the starting point of the trek, which falls right before the last bridge on the way to the Kasol bus stand
• Start the 9 km long guided Grahan trek that will take you about 4 to 5 hours to complete
• You will be following the way marked by red arrows as they will lead you to Grahan Village. The constant companion on the way to your destination will be the serene Parvati River and your guide
• After crossing two bridges, and hiking for a little longer, you would reach a point from where you can see a few houses. That’s when you know that you have reached your destination
• Take a walk in the village, enjoy and talk with the locals before enjoying your dinner around a bonfire
• Overnight at tents/homestay in Grahan
After breakfast, this morning, pack up your gear and retrace your steps back to the starting point to bring the trek to an end.