About the Kheerganga Trekking:
Kheerganga trek is the most recommended one among all the treks in Parvati valley and takes you through some amazing scenery. It needs neither too much time nor any prior trekking experience which makes it perfect for any beginner trekker or a backpacker.
While strolling through the magnificent landscape of Himachal Pradesh, you will be treated to majestic sights of nature. On the trail, pass a few wooden bridges and some slippery sections.
During this part of the Kheerganga trek from Kasol, your eyes also feast on many picturesque waterfalls, remember to take pictures of every single one of these.
Note : If Kheerganga is closed due to heavy snowfall, Tosh Valley Trek or Grahan Village Trek will be provided as an alternative.
Kheerganga Treeking Quick Facts:
Start/End Point: Barshaini
Start Time/End Time of Trip: 09:00 AM (Day 1) and around 12:00 PM (Day 2)
Kheerganga Trek Height: 9600 ft.
Best Time to Go: Throughout the Year
Temperature Range: Day: 8°C to 15°C; and Night: 0°C to 3°C
Kheerganga Trekking Distance: 14 KM
ATM: Last ATM is in Kasol
Mobile Network: BSNL works the best in these areas
Trekking Gradient: Easy
Kheerganga Trek Package Inclusions:
➔ Stay: Accommodation in tents on sharing basis
➔ Meals: Dinner and Breakfast (Nutritious Veg. Meals)
➔ Professional Trek Leader cum Guide (Certified Trek Guide)
➔ Activities: Trekking & Camping
➔ Camping Equipment – Tent + Sleeping Bag + Matts
How to Reach:
The starting point of Kheerganga trekking is Barshaini which is 20km from Kasol.You can reach Barshaini by your own private vehicle or can opt for a private cab/sharing cab from Kasol to Barshaini.
• Start your adventurous journey by boarding an evening Semi Sleeper AC Volvo bus/Tempo traveller/Sedan car/SUV car (depending on the group size) from Delhi around 05:00 PM
• Overnight journey by bus
• On reaching Bhuntar, take a breath of fresh air amidst views of picturesque hills and head to the campsite in kasol with the help of local transportation at your own expense.
• En route to Chalal, explore the ‘Little Amsterdam’, the lanes of Kasol lined with vibrant souvenir shops and Israeli cafes on your own
• After spending a wonderful day in Chalal, get back to your campsite in the evening
• Enjoy dancing around the bonfire, as you have a scrumptious dinner
• Overnight stay in Kasol
• After breakfast, move to the Barshaini to start your exciting Kheerganga Trek.
• Barshaini is a small village near Kasol and the point of confluence of the Parvati and Tosh Rivers
• In the initial part of this Kheerganga trek, feast your eyes upon picturesque waterfalls like the majestic Rudra Nag, and take a small halt to admire the beauty of the landform
• Trek for around 14 km along the gushing Parvati River and pass through the tranquil villages of Kalga and Pulga
• After reaching the green meadow of Kheerganga, take a refreshing dip in the hot mythical Parvati Kund to wash off the fatigue of the journey
• Later, enjoy a bonfire near your camp to gather energy for the next day
• Overnight stay in Camps
• Wake up to a magnificent view of the Himalayan peaks, and prepare for the journey back to Barshaini through the same route you took to reach Kheerganga
• Reach Barshaini, and board transportation from here to Bhuntar at your own expense
• From Bhuntar, Head back to Delhi and say goodbye to the mountains
• Reach back to Delhi around 08:00 AM
• Once you arrive in Delhi, your serene trekking experience ends on a beautiful note